iPad Pro Video Setup In The Classroom

One of the awesome features that allows the iPad to be a great tool for learning is the ability to capture video. The iPad can capture near professional quality video with just a little help. Above is the setup that my students and I have been using. It starts with the Makayama Video Mount. This helps you convert your iPad into a complete video studio. First, it has a screw fitting to attach it to a tripod. It is just too difficult to shoot stable video without one! It also allows one  to use conversion lenses like this wide angle lens that screws into the mount and slides out of the way when not in use. It also has hot shoe mounts that allows the use of a shotgun microphone like this one from Audio Technica. I also use a hot shoe bracket so that I can connect video lights and other devices. If you have tried shooting indoor video with the iPad you know that lighting can be an issue! Amazon.com has a variety of inexpensive LED video lights that work wonderfully.

Posted above is an interactive photo that I created in Thinglink that has links to find out more about this iPad video system!