San Disk iXpand

iXpand Flash Drive is an easy way to transfer photos and videos between your iPhone, iPad, PCs and Mac computers. Expand storage on your iPad by up to 128GB. It has a prong that pulls out to connect to an iPad or iPhone. It has a regular USB connector for Macs and PCs.

This drive is very useful for quickly transferring files to student iPads. Since all of my students have Gmail accounts I usually use Google Drive or eBackpack for transfer. I like that I can make use of large files such as movies by reading them off of the drive without actually having to have the file on the iPad. The iXpand drive utilizes a free app to manage files on the  i-devices.IMG_1330

Unlike similar two-headed drives for Android devices, the iXpand has a battery installed that is used to supply it with power. This battery is a requirement for Apple devices, mainly so that what you plug in to your i-device doesn’t diminish its battery life. But this means that in order to use the iXpand drive, you have to first make sure that it’s charged (though it’s pre-charged out of the box). You can do this by plugging it in to the USB port on a computer.